NEWS UPDATE – MAN WHO BEAT PARTNER TWICE WITHIN A FORTNIGHT MADE THREATS TO KILL

0
133

NEWS UPDATE

MAN WHO BEAT PARTNER TWICE WITHIN A FORTNIGHT MADE THREATS TO KILL

A Carmarthen man accused of assaulting an ex partner twice within a fortnight appeared via videolink (from HMP Swansea) at Llanelli Law Courts earlier today (January 10).

Llanelli Law Courts

Jaryd Rhys Warlow, age 26 of Parc Bagnall Carmarthen pleaded guilty of assault by beating on November the 23rd and December the 7th of last year. Both offences took place in Carmarthen.

Prosecuting Linda Baker told the court that both incidents involved the same complainant. During the first incident the victim who was visibly upset was at West Wales A & E Department having injuries treated. Her mother contacted the police. Injuries sustained included swelling to the bridge of the nose, two lacerations on the nose, cuts to her upper lip and cuts inside the lip.

The victim told police that she couldn’t believe what her boyfriend Jaryd Warlow had done to her. The second attack, two weeks later saw Warlow grip his victim by the hair and drag her on the floor, she hit her head on the wall and floor during this.

The court heard that Warlow had told his partner that he wouldn’t lay his hands on her again before this. Warlow had told her he was sorry and f**k this, he was going to kill himself. He’d added that he would kill her also. She’d told him that she didn’t want to die.

Ms Baker revealed that the defendant had previous assaults on record with an ABH conviction dating back to 2014. This had resulted in a restraining order against another ex partner he’d had.

Andrew Isaac representing stated that two witnesses had seen the victim being dragged across a road in Carmarthen during the first incident. The second offence saw the complainant attend Warlow’s home address where she was also beaten.

Mr Isaac stated that his client had been in police custody since December the 10th of last year and that during this time, he’d taken steps to deal with matters. This included starting courses relating to domestic violence and alcohol.

It was said that Mr Warlow had a job waiting for him upon release from prison. Mr Isaac added that his client was under no illusions that today’s sentence would be that of a custodial one, he added that Warlow had instructed that he was remorseful and didn’t wish to see the complainant ever again.

District Judge Christopher James told Warlow:

“You assaulted your ex partner. This is an extremely unpleasant domestic violence incident. You were in total control and she was vulnerable. Also you have greater strength physically which you utilised.

“This case was aggravated by many factors which included alcohol. Added to this, you have a number of convictions on record for similar offences. This is so serious that I’ve no choice but to punish you by way of an immediate custodial sentence.”

Warlow was committed to prison for sixteen weeks. A two year restraining order was put in place with the conditions that he must not contact the victim directly or indirectly. Warlow was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £115.

 

Can You Help?

If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as £1, you can support the Chronicle – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.


Share Your Views on This Story!