GOOD luck to everyone taking part in the Swansea Half Marathon on Sunday (June 14).
The main race starts at 9.15am but there’ll be road closures in place from 7am to 1pm.
Here are some key points:
* Residents will be able to leave Mumbles for the duration of the event
* Access to Mumbles via Oystermouth Road will not be possible from 7am until the road re-opens. This will be on a rolling basis after the runners have passed
* Oystermouth Road will close at 7am and will be re-opened on a rolling basis
* Access to Sainsbury’s will be maintained via the Tawe bridges end of the city
* Access/egress to the marina will be facilitated as far as practicable, but there will be significant delays at certain times of the day. Event organisers have hand-delivered letters to marina residents
* Access to St Mary’s Church will be via West Way and Oystermouth Road
More information for spectators and people taking part can be found here: http://issuu.com/swanseahalfmarathon/docs/shm_16pp_final_c18bca42e017dd
The attached map also shows details of the road closures that will be in place.
Can YOU Help?… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the West Wales Chronicle than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The West Wales Chronicle’s independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as £1, you can support the Chronicle – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.